Bachelor of Business Studies is a four-year program conducted by the Faculty of Management of Tribhuvan University. The program focuses on business studies and trains students to develop intellectual and interpersonal skills. The profound knowledge of the fields of business and administration gives these students an enormously different and insightful perspective. This degree supplies broad business knowledge and specialist knowledge of a particular business area. Therefore, students will have the opportunity to understand the practical and reality-based skills required to organize and manage organizations of any kind through this course. The program will focus on general management, marketing management, and accounting. Bachelor of Business Studies (BBS) incorporates management concepts & reality-based skills integrating them with the latest changes in the business environment. The programme concentrates on specialized areas such as accounting, finance, human resource management, or marketing. It also builds a foundation in allied areas such as language, economics, statistics, and law that help students to understand management practices & market needs. Because of the entrepreneurial skills & functional expertise nurtured, graduates eventually become effective agents of change in society.
Table of Contents
Scope of BBS
- The BBS program aims to develop students into competent managers in any organized activity sector.
- The program is based on the principle that graduates spend a large part of their lives in an environment that is constantly changing.
- The student should, therefore, have the opportunity to gain a broad understanding of the concepts and realities underlying the operation and management of organizations. Upon graduation, students should be equipped to function as a manager in business, industry and government
- The graduates should also have a variety of career opportunities in various business sectors, including entrepreneurship, and create jobs that others need.
The mission of BBS Programme
- Provide students with the necessary business and administration conceptual knowledge to develop a general management perspective.
- Develop required attitudes, skills and practical skills in students, which form the basis for their growth as competent and responsible business managers.
- Encourage students ‘ entrepreneurial skills to become effective agents of change in Nepalese society.
- Develop the foundations necessary for higher management studies and then take careers in teaching, research and consulting.
WHY BBS AT ORCHID?
- Our goal is to be a premier institute that provides creativity among students and establish moral values along with quality education, to enable them to take on real-life challenges with confidence.
- Along with having an excellent teaching faculty, We have been able to maintain the standard of being one of the top colleges in the country holding TU Toppers in various fields.
- We help the students in recognizing the challenges of a competitive world and learn to adapt.
- Highly dedicated institution to build in students professional competence in order to acquire positions of leadership.
- Our college has been successful to give an equal opportunity of excellent education to students coming from diverse sections of society.
- We impart in-depth knowledge of business and administration-related fields that gives the students a vastly different and insightful perspective.
- We are totally dedicated in making a brighter life for those who want to specialize in accounting, marketing, or management.
The BBS is a four-year Bachelor Degree program in business.
Minimum General Requirements
The minimum general requirements for the 4-years BBS programme are as follows:
- An academic year will consist of a minimum of 150 teaching days excluding the days taken for admission and annual examinations.
- The total instructional hours in an academic year will be 615 (150 days x 4:10 hours a day). For courses requiring field and practical works, additional hours of study will be required.
- There will be a minimum of five periods (i.e. class hours) each teaching day. The campuses running morning or evening shifts will also be required to meet this minimum class requirement.
Attendance, Evaluation and Grading System
- The student must have a minimum of 70 percent attendance of the classes actually held.
- No student will be allowed to appear in the second year final examinations without first appearing in the first year final examinations.
The grading system in the annual examinations is as follows:
- Third Division 35 Percent
- Second Division 45 Percent
- First Division 60 Percent
- Distinction 75 Percent
- The successful completion of 2000 marks as prescribed with passing grades in all the courses.
- The passing scores obtained in all theory and practical components of the course separately.
- Completion of courses for the fulfillment of BBS programme must occur within the time limit as prescribed by Tribhuvan University