Bachelor Of Information Management (BIM) is a 4-year 8-semesters program offering an integrated Management and IT Courses affiliated to Tribhuvan University. The main objectives of the Bachelor In Information Management include: Develop ability in students in object-oriented software design methods and data management systems. Students looking for top BIM colleges in Kathmandu are usually recommended orchid.
Orchid College offers BIM in Nepal with affordable price and is thus one of the best BIM and BSc.CSIT college in Kathmandu. The Bachelor of Information Management (BIM) course in orchid International College is blend of technology and management which includes programming languages like C and C++, Data Structure, software engineering, web technology, graphics, Java and network & multimedia, which is 60 % of the course whereas the rest 40% consists of course based on management and social sciences making Orchid International College one of the Top BIM Colleges in KTM Nepal.
MISSION OF STUDYING BIM
The mission of the Bachelor of Information Management (BIM) program is to
- Develop socially responsive and IT-oriented professionals.
- To develop students skills, and understand trends of software development and database management, so that they can analyze information systems and hence manage the information of the organization.
- Develop ability in students in object-oriented software design methods and data management systems.
- To prepare students to proceed with the postgraduate level study in Information Management in and outside the country.
SCOPE OF BIM IN NEPAL
- This course develops skills like software development and database management along with information managerial skills to analyze information systems.
- BIM is the blend of information technology and the managerial skills.
- This computer knowledge in the management fields opens up for the various examples include Data Analyst, Survey manager, Software engineers for the business sectors and the finance sectors like the business companies, banks, financial offices, etc.
- Some Career prospects for BIM graduates include Software Designers and Engineers, Advertising and Marketing Executives, IT Consultants and Planners, Sales and retail assistants, Chartered Accountants, Computer programmers, and programmer developers as well as many others.
- With the completion of the BIM program provides the students will be exposed to a wide variety and choices of employment opportunities and further degrees. S/he can opt for an MBA program in MIS or other areas in Computer Science or Computer Information Systems. Master of Business Administration (MBA in IT Program).
- Further Study options after completing BIM in Nepal: So there are options in Post graduation Programmes of Management like the MBA or in other areas of study like the Master’s Degree in Computer Science or Computer Information Systems or Information Technology.
- BIM Program provides an interdisciplinary education for students interested in Information Technology and Management with a major focus on be IT professionals proficient in the use of computers and computational techniques, in order to develop effective information systems, to solve real-life problems in the organizational, develop skills in object-oriented software design methods and data management systems.
Why BIM at ORCHID?
- Orchid College BIM program has been taking up a lot of efforts in producing qualified and educated students who are bound to be experts in software designing along with those students who have a sound knowledge of financial management issues.
- Develop students’ skill in object-oriented software design methods and data management systems.
- Prepare students to proceed on to postgraduate level study in information management within and outside the country.
- The orchid college emphasizes a lot on developing practical skills, teamwork, and creativity through various programs.
- A student who has partially completed the BIM program and would like to discontinue his/her studies shall also be allowed to withdraw from the program.
- We have students from almost all cities of Nepal like Pokhara, Biratnagar, Dharan, Ithari, Butwal, Hetuda, Birtamod, Lalitpur, Bhaktapur, Jhapa, Butwal, Mahendra Nagar.
- Orchid has well-experienced teaching faculty members with more than 20+ years of experience in Management and Information Technology.
- Orchid has a history of securing TU TOP with GPA 4.0 in BIM with 100% Pass Results.
Eligibility For Admission In BIM
The candidate applying for Bachelor of Information Management program must have:
- Successfully completed a twelve-year schooling (+2) or equivalent from any University, Board or Institution recognized by TU.
- secured a minimum second division (45%) or minimum Grade 1.8 in each subject in 10+2.
Admission Criteria For BIM in Nepal
The students of any field scoring 45% can apply for BIM – CMAT exam and after successfully passing the CMAT exam conducted by TU. The shortlisted Passed candidates will be interviewed and selected for admission. Then the students are qualified to attend the class.
Examination, Evaluation and Grading System
The BIM program will be executed through the semester system. There will be altogether eight semesters required to complete the regular program. The internal evaluation shall carry 40 percent weight while the external (end of the semester) examination will carry 60 percent weight. The final grade shall be determined on the overall performance in the internal and external examinations.
Passing Grade and Grading System
Students must secure a minimum of grade ‘C” or Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.0 in the internal evaluation in order to qualify to appear in the semester examination. In order to pass the semester examination, the student must secure Grade ‘C’ or the average Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 2.0. The student who secures a Semester Grade of ‘D’ is not promoted to the next semester.
The BIM Grading System:
|A||3.5 to 4.00||First Division with Distinction|
|B||2.5 to 3.4||First Division|
|C||2.0 to 1.9||Second Division|
|D||1.5 to 1.9||Pass in Individual Paper|
|F||0 to 1.4||Fail|
The BIM Credits Hours:
|BIM Credits Hours:|
|Information Technology and Computing courses:||60 credit hours|
|Management Courses:||27 credit hours|
|Analytical and support courses:||27 credit hours|
|Elective courses:||6 credit hours|
|Internship:||6 credit hours|
|Total Credit hours:||126|
BIM COURSE STRUCTURE & SYLLABUS: References: