BCA is a four-year undergraduate degree course in the field of computer applications or computer science. After BCA the students can do further studies as MCA master in computer application. It is a common degree for CS/IT universities and is an alternative to the engineering counterpart, BE/BTech in Computer Science/IT which also takes four years. It is a technical degree that prepares students for a career in the field of computer applications and software development.
Bachelors in Computer Application( BCA) is a four-year undergraduate degree course generally for students who wish to delve into the world of Computer languages. The course is one of the most popular option to get started with a career in Information Technology.A degree in BCA is at par with a B.Tech/B.E degree in Computer Science or Information Technology. For a BCA aspirant, this degree would help in setting up a sound academic base for an advanced career in Computer Applications. Generally, the basic course curriculum of BCA focuses on database management systems, operating systems, software engineering, computer architecture, web technology and languages such as C, C++, Java, Python etc.
Table of Contents
MISSION OF STUDYING BCA
The mission of the Bachelor in Computer Application (BCA) program is to
- Understand the fundamental concepts of Computers, Business environment and IT Applications in Business.
- Successfully understand & analyze technical data to reach actionable conclusions, including technological solutions to the business.
- Learn technologies & IT languages, so the business problems could be addressed.
- Develop competent technical writing skills so as to enable the graduate to communicate business ideas to senior management and general public.
- To identify and sharpen their IT/ programming skills.
SCOPE OF BCA IN NEPAL
- This course provides the necessary technical, scientific as well as basic managerial and financial procedures to analyze and solve real world problems within their work domain.
- With the completion of the BCA program, the graduates will have clarity on both conceptual and application oriented skills in commerce, Finance & Accounting and IT Applications in Business context.
- BCA program also provides improved communication and business management skills, especially in providing tech support.
- After completing BCA the students can also go for Masters in the same course which is Masters in Computer Application (MCA), many can also opt for MBA (Masters In Business Administration).
- Students can also opt for some specializations for Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA). Some of them are listed below.
Application Area of BCA in Nepal
- Computer Graphics
- Programming Languages
- Database Management
- Systems Analysis
- Word Processing
- Internet Technologies
- Accounting Applications
- Music and Video Processing
- Personal Information Management
There is no doubt that BCA is one of the best educational courses that one can go for and there are ample amount of opportunities for students studying BCA in the future. Someone who has studied BCA can join a software company or can also go for higher studies. In BCA subjects which are included are almost similar to that of students pursuing BTech. Nepal and other countries many Multi-National Corporations are recruiting BCA graduates for their technical section.
Why BCA at ORCHID?
- In addition to an excellent teaching faculty, we have maintained the standard of being one of the top colleges in the country holding TU Toppers in different fields.
- Our college is making a lot of efforts in producing well qualified and practically trained students who happen to be experts in their respective field (BCA in this case).
- The Orchid College also prepares their students to be prepared for higher level education after BCA within and outside the country.
- Furthermore, our college focuses more on developing practical skills, teamwork and creativity through different programs.
- Our college has been the destination for students from almost all the parts of the country like Kathmandu, Pokhara, Biratnagar, Dharan, Itahari, Hetauda, Birtamod, Lalitpur, Bhaktapur, Butwal, Mahendra Nagar.
- ORCHID has a very well-experienced and qualified team of determined faculty members with more than 20+ years of experience in their respective fields.
The candidate applying for Bachelor In Computer Application program must have:
- Sucessfully completed a twelve –year schooling or equivalent from any University, Board or Institution recognized by Tribhuwan University.
- Secured a minimum of second division(45%) or minimum C grade in all subjects in the twelve-year schooling or equivalent
Candidates who pass the entrance exam taken by university will be interviewed and then selected candidate from interview will be eligible for admission